Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bluebirds are busy!

The weather has everyone busy...even the bluebirds! Jim, Cathy and I checked out all the bluebird houses on Tuesday and we found our first nest with blue eggs! There were eggs laid in Vicki's box but they are not bluebirds....white with brown specks -which led Jim to believe it could be a Carolina Chickadee or perhaps a Tufted Titmouse. Today as I walked the trail I saw two bluebirds on the perch and house of #14. When you have some free time and walk around the bluebird trail it is a great way to relieve stress and see some beautiful and busy birds!

1 comment:

Jim Bearden said...

Thanks for the update Mike. I miss being at the garden and seeing the Bluebirds along the Trail. It does not feel the same here in the desert of Palm Springs. The Temp in the afternoon is in the mid 90's. I have not seen any Bluebirds here, but did see a Road Runner.Thanks for looking after the Bluebirds needs while I am out of town. Regards, Jim B